New York Confidentiality for Domestic Violence Victims
and Endangered Individuals
New York Insurance Law §2612
New York Insurance Law §2612 provides an insurer, such as Pacific Life, shall keep confidential and shall not disclose the address and telephone number of the victim of domestic violence, or any child residing with the victim, and the name, address, and telephone number of a person providing covered services to the victim, to a policyholder or another insured covered under the policy against whom the victim has a valid order of protection, if the victim, the victim's legal representative, or if the victim is a child, the child's parent or guardian, delivers to the insurer at its home office a valid order of protection.
In relation to its health insurance products, which includes long-term care products, a life and health insurer shall accommodate a reasonable request made by a requestor for a covered individual to receive communications of claim related information from the health insurer by alternative means or at alternative locations. Except with the express consent of the requestor, a health insurer shall not disclose to the policyholder or another insured covered under the policy:
- the address, telephone number, or any other personally identifying information of the covered individual or any child residing with the covered individual;
- the nature of the health care services provided to the covered individual
- the name, address, and telephone number of the provider of the covered health care services; or
- any other information from which there is a reasonable basis to believe the foregoing information could be obtained.
Submit a Request to Pacific Life
Pacific Life has adopted procedures to maintain the confidentiality of, and to refrain from disclosing, the information protected by Insurance Law § 2612. To submit a request, please mail a valid order of protection to the address shown below. With regard to long-term care insurance, you may make a request to receive communications by alternative means or at alternative locations, or revoke such a request, by writing to the same address.
Pacific Life Privacy Office
700 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
For further information on domestic violence services:
- Contact the New York State Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline by dialing